To continue our commitment to minimizing risk for all in-person event participants, ALL INFORMS Meetings in 2022 will be vaccine-mandated* events. Additionally, INFORMS will follow guidance and leading practices for events from the CDC, Health Canada, and WHO. To view the current travel policies of Canada, visit travel.gc.ca/travel-covid.
*A person is considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, OR two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated.
INFORMS will accept any COVID-19 vaccine approved for full or emergency use by the World Health Organization, including those from Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson used in the U.S. Other vaccines are also approved by the WHO and used widely around the world, including from AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Covishield, Covovax, Novavax and China’s Sinovac and Sinopharm will also be accepted. We will not accept Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine until the WHO has approved it for emergency use.
More information will be added it as it becomes available.
Federal requirements for travel
- Departing from any Canadian airport
- Travelling on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
- Staying on a non-essential passenger vessel for more than 24 hours (like a cruise ship)
- BC Ferries does not require proof of vaccination
The information below on accepted vaccines was posted on 08 December 2021. Please check this link for current information.
Vaccines currently accepted by the Government of Canada for the purpose of travel to and within Canada are:
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Sinopharm BIBP (BBIBP-CorV)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler, you must have received, at least 14 full days prior to the day you travel:
- at least 2 doses of a vaccine accepted by the Government of Canada for the purpose of travel
- or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
- or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine