INFORMS continuing education courses are designed for today’s analytics professionals. Our intensive hands-on courses provide you with real take-away value. You will leave these courses with the skills, tools and methods that you can implement immediately in your work.
San Francisco Courses
These two courses are held prior to the INFORMS Annual Meeting on November 7-8, 2014:
Learn data mining techniques and tools that will allow you to make the link between business needs and your technical skills. This course gives you hands-on practice in handling real data types, real business problems and practical methods for delivering business-useful results.
This course will help you to:
- Incorporate Modern Predictive Analytics into your business practices
- Recognize appropriate methods from business discussions
- Be a technical resource and MPA advocate in your organization
Hands-on training that focuses on the critical steps in the process of analyzing data: accessing and extracting data, cleaning and preparing data, exploring and visualizing data. This course uses several of the most popular software tools intensively, and provides an overview of the range of available software options.
At the end of the course, you will
- Have confidence to explore new data using the exploration/visualization approach;
- Be able to approach and deploy interactive visualization;
- Understand how to identify practically meaningful discoveries;
- Experience the use of state-of-the-art visualization software, and
- Think creatively about data and insights.
Course Registration and Information
Visit the course website for more information including course outlines, instructors, pricing, and to register.