Open the door to new career prospects at the 2023 Annual Meeting Career Fair! Participants can take advantage of dozens of opportunities to interview for O.R., analytics, and data science positions with top organizations in academia and industry (both national and international).
Note: You must register for the 2023 INFORMS Annual Meeting to attend the in-person Career Fair.
Career Fair & Networking Day: Sunday, October 15, 11am–5pm
Interviews: Monday, October 16, and Tuesday, October 17, 8am–5pm
Phoenix Convention Center | Phoenix, Arizona
The event begins with a formal Career Fair meet & greet from 11am to 5pm on Sunday, October 15. After employers and jobseekers network and exchange information, INFORMS will be holding two interview days on Monday, October 16, and Tuesday, October 17, from 8am to 5pm.
Individuals participating in the INFORMS Career Center activities and the Career Fair will be able to:
- Gather materials and make vital connections in a fun and energetic setting
- Meet one-on-one with top employer representatives who are looking for candidates like you
- See the job postings from the 60+ top employers expected to participate
- Drop off your resume if you are unable to connect in person
- Qualify to have your resume reviewed by veteran INFORMS members
Those who register will have the ability to view jobs in advance of the event, contact employers, gather information, make connections, chat with recruiters, and be seen by organizations. Increase your visibility by creating or updating your profile on the INFORMS Career Center and uploading a current copy of your resume. Employers will be able to review your profile and resume before the Career Fair so having them filled out and available increases your chances of being selected for an interview on Monday or Tuesday.
You must register for the 2023 INFORMS Annual Meeting to attend the in-person Career Fair in Phoenix. Click here to register for the Annual Meeting. Once you are registered to attend the Annual Meeting, be sure to create or update your Career Center profile.
- Login or create your career center account at https://careercenter.informs.org/jobseekers/.
- Once logged into the site click the INFORMS 2023 Career Fair banner, then scroll down and in the right column click the blue “Attend This Event” button. This will update your career center profile as attending the 2023 INFORMS Annual Meeting and will identify your resume, if searchable.
- You will need to first register for the 2023 INFORMS Annual Meeting before identifying yourself as a job seeker in the Career Center.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to INFORMS Career Center customer service at 888.491.8833.
Additional Career Fair Events
INFORMS Career Fair Breakfast & Panel Discussion
Sunday, October 15, 7:30–9am
Sponsored by MIT Sloan School of Management, the INFORMS Career Services Committee is hosting a networking breakfast and panel discussion prior to the Sunday Career Fair. This is a great opportunity to interact with employers and other candidates while gathering valuable insights on the job search process.
|Chief Strategy Officer, Kinaxis
|Principal, Kleinmuntz Associates
Email | LinkedIn
|Professor, Operations and Logistics, Sauder School of Business
The University of British Columbia
Email | LinkedIn
|Director of Applied Data Science, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Email | LinkedIn
|Assistant Professor, Department of Operations & IT Management
Interim Director, Center for Supply Chain Excellence
Chaifetz School of Business, Saint Louis University
Email | LinkedIn
2023 INFORMS Career Fair: On-Site Resume Review
Sunday, October 15, 12noon–5pm
Monday, October 16, 9am–5pm
Phoenix Convention Center
Pre-scheduled appointments with Academic and Industry Reviewers.
Academic Job Search Panel
Monday, October 16, 10:45–noon, MB-West 213A
The purpose of this session is to bring visibility to the students and postdocs looking for academic positions. Panelists from both business and engineering schools will share their experiences. This panel discusses the academic interview process along with do’s & don’ts associated with the job search.
|Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina
|Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado Boulder
|Haslam College of Business, University of Tennessee Knoxville
|Swanson School of Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
|College of Engineering, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Practitioner/Industry Job Search Panel
Tuesday, October 17, 10:45 AM – noon, CC-West 211A
The purpose of this session is to bring visibility to the students and postdocs looking for non-academic positions. Panelists from business and industry will share their experiences. This panel discusses their experiences in the interview process along with the do’s & don’ts associated with the job search.
|Staff Research Scientist, Afresh Technologies
|Senior Data Scientist, Fractal.ai
|Research Scientist, Amazon Robotics
|Director, Fundamentals, Pattern Energy
The INFORMS Career Fair provides a structured and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and opportunities for all participants. In order to maintain fairness and integrity, INFORMS strongly discourages employers and job seekers from engaging in formal recruiting and interviewing outside of scheduled INFORMS Career Fair events and activities. If you have any questions, please contact Tom Fink at email@example.com.
Career Fair Sponsor
- Adelphi University
- Air Force Institute of Technology
- Amazon (Amazon.com Services)
- American Airlines
- Arizona State University, School of Computing & Augmented Intelligence
- Babson College
- Bilkent University
- Black School of Business, Penn State Behrend
- BNSF Railway
- Boston University
- Cal State University, Long Beach (CSULB)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
- The City University of Hong Kong
- The City University of Hong Kong, Dept of Systems Engineering
- CNA (Center for Naval Analyses)
- CSX Technology
- DEFCON AI
- DePaul University
- FAMU-FSU College of Engineering – IME
- Florida Polytechnic University
- General Electric
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- Komatsu Mining Technology Solutions
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Marriott International
- Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Park University
- Pattern Energy
- RAND Corporation
- Singapore Management University
- Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Texas Tech University
- Tilburg University
- UAE University
- United Airlines
- University of Alabama
- University of Calgary
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
- University of Illinois
- University of Maryland
- University of Science & Technology, Beijing
- University of Science and Technology China, School of Management (USTC)
- University of Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- University of Toronto, Scarborough
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- UNSW Business School, School of Information Systems & Technology Management
- USC-Daniel J Epstein Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
- U.S. Naval Academy
- Walt Disney and Company