The theme of the 2022 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC 2022) is derived from Singapore’s Smart Nation initiative “Singapore Reimagined”. Alongside the COVID-19 pandemic bringing us a “new normal”, technological advances in the fields of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Bio-Technology, Internet of Things, Quantum Computing, and Virtual Reality are already changing the way humans live, work, play, and communicate. Building on the “Smart Cities” focus of WSC 2021, WSC 2022 will “Reimagine Tomorrow” to evaluate not just living in an urban future where cities are safe, green, and environmentally-secure with seamless power, water and transportation networks, but also working in an environment where sustainable high-tech manufacturing, logistics and supply chain systems and novel services play an essential role.
“Reimagination of Tomorrow” relies on significant advancement from many fields as modelling, experimentation and data analysis need to come together to tackle various challenges. We invite both scientific papers and case studies that highlight innovations in both theory and application, with a specific focus on the use of not just simulation, but also related technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality.
A number of exciting changes will be implemented to make WSC even more attractive. For instance, we will welcome extended abstract submissions for application-oriented tracks, which will enable us to feature some work in progress on innovative ideas, late breaking results, or industry cases. This will also enhance cross-fertilization between Academia and Industry by brainstorming different new ideas.
The program roster will also be significantly enhanced to enable a productive hybrid format that accommodates the needs of virtual attendees from time zones across the entire globe.
WSC 2022 Keynote Panel
- Chen Tsuhan, Deputy President (Research & Technology) and Distinguished Professor, National University of Singapore, Chief Scientist AI@SG
- Ong Kim Pong, Regional CEO, PSA International, Singapore
- Kenneth Lim, Assistant Chief Executive (Industry), Marine & Port Authority, Singapore
- Ngien Hoon Ping, CEO Supply Chain, Fair Price Group, Singapore
WSC 2022 Titans of Simulation
- Michael Fu, Professor University of Maryland
- Leon McGinnis, Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology
WSC 2022 features a comprehensive program ranging from introductory tutorials to state-of-the-art research and practice. The planned tracks are categorized as follows:
Education & Outreach
- Advanced Tutorials
- Introductory Tutorials
- Professional Development
- Simulation 101
- Simulation Education
- Analysis Methodology
- Simulation Optimization
- Modeling Methodology
- Agent-based Simulation
- Model Uncertainty & Robust Simulation
- Hybrid Simulation
- 18th International Conference on Modeling & Analysis of Semiconductor Manufacturing (MASM)
- Aviation M&A
- COVID-19 & Epidemiological Simulations
- Commercial & Industrial Case Studies
- Complex & Resilient Systems
- DSS – Data Science & Simulation
- Environmental & Sustainability Applications
- Financial Engineering
- Gaming & Participatory Methods
- Healthcare Applications
- Logistics, Supply Chains, Transportation
- Manufacturing Applications
- Maritime Systems
- Military & National Security Applications
- Project Management & Construction
- Reliability, Modeling & Simulation
- Scientific Applications
- Simulation & AI
- Simulation as Digital Twin
- Simulation Down Under
- PhD Colloquium
Paper and Abstract Deadlines and Requirements
All submissions will be peer reviewed. Accepted full papers will be published in the digital version of the conference proceedings archived in IEEE and ACM repositories. All papers must be presented for the paper to be fully published, copyrighted and disseminated. Instructions, information, submission forms and procedures are available on the WSC website. Extended Abstracts will appear in the INFORMS Simulation Society archives, but not in the ACM and IEEE digital proceedings.
Each accepted paper must have a separate, paid registration. Only under highly unusual circumstances, and at the discretion of the conference leadership, will an author be allowed to present more than one paper on a single registration. Authors wishing to do so must contact the Program Chair by September 1, clearly describing which papers the authors wish to present under the single registration, and why an exception to the conference policy is warranted. Unless permission is granted, an author planning to present two papers will be required to pay for two registrations.
Contributed Paper Deadlines
- April 22, 2022: Electronically submit contributed papers not previously published or presented. Each submission must be use the Word or LaTeX templates on the Authors Kit. The page size in the proceedings is 8.5 by 11 inches (21.6 cm by 27.9 cm). Papers should be at most 12 pages (including an abstract of not more than 150 words), except for introductory tutorials, advanced tutorials, and panel sessions, for which the limit is 15 pages. Submission implies that an author will virtually or physically attend WSC 2022 and present the paper, and all clearance required for publication of the paper will be obtained by July 15, 2022. Use of the authors’ templates in one of the following formats is required: Microsoft Word or LaTeX. Submissions must be made through the WSC website.
- April 29, 2022: Submissions due for Invited Papers
- June 10, 2022: Notification of acceptance
- July 8, 2022: Authors electronically submit corrected papers to the Proceedings Editors
- September 7, 2022: Camera-ready version due from Proceedings Editors
Extended Abstract Submission for Application Oriented Tracks, Commercial Case Studies, Poster Session, PhD Colloquium
- May 1, 2022: Open for submission for the extended abstracts
- August 2, 2022: Electronically submit 2-page extended abstracts
- August 31, 2022: Notification of acceptance to authors (including details about submitting slides, and formats of the posters
- September 13, 2022: Final extended abstracts due
WSC 2022 is sponsored by ACM/SIGSIM, ASA (Technical Co-Sponsor), ASIM (Technical Co-Sponsor), IEEE/SMC (Technical Co-Sponsor), IISE, INFORMS-SIM, NIST (Technical Co-Sponsor), SCS, and ORS (UK, Technical Sponsor).