NEW! Industrial & Commercial Case Studies
You might have done important work where you used simulation to conduct analysis and provide recommendations for potential solutions to a specific problem; or where simulation is the backbone of a commercial application enabling critical use cases that you would like to share with others. But perhaps you do not have the time and resources required to submit a full paper and make early commitments to participate at the 2022 Winter Simulation Conference.
To support your commercially focused contributions, you are cordially invited to submit to WSC 2022 a 2-page Extended Abstract describing an industrial or commercial case study. Unlike in previous years, case studies will not be kept in a separate track anymore. Rather, for all application-oriented topics (see below for the full list), presentations of such case studies will be fully integrated into the respective full paper presentation tracks. This will enable WSC to not only feature more prominently exciting commercial show cases illustrating the benefits that have been achieved with novel methodologies and solutions, but also to much more effectively catalyze cross-fertilization between Academia and Industry.
An Extended Abstract should use the WSC Extended Abstract template for paper submission and describe the problem, the simulation methods used, the results, and the impact/benefits achieved. Those case studies selected for presentation at WSC will have a summary appear in the final program of WSC and on the WSC Archive website but will not be published elsewhere.
Application Oriented Tracks
- 18th International Conference on Modelling and Analysis of Semiconductor Manufacturing (MASM)
- Aviation M&A
- COVID-19 and Epidemiological Simulations
- Complex and Resilient Systems
- Data Science and Simulation
- Environmental and Sustainability Applications
- Financial Engineering
- Gaming and Participatory Methods
- Healthcare Applications
- Logistics, Supply Chains, Transportation
- Manufacturing Applications
- Maritime Systems
- Military and National Security Applications
- Project Management and Construction
- Reliability Modeling and Simulation
- Scientific Applications
- Simulation as Digital Twin
- Simulation and AI
Extended Abstract Submission Key Dates
- Immediately: Submission is open for Extended Abstracts
- August 2, 2022: Electronically submit 2-page Extended Abstracts using either LaTeX or Microsoft Word templates. Submissions must be made through the WSC website.
- August 31, 2022: Notification of acceptance to authors
- September 13, 2022: Final Extended Abstracts due