October 23, 2021
INFORMS Early Career Teachers’ Network (ECTN) Master Teacher Mentoring Program
2021-2022 is the second year of the INFORMS Early Career Teachers’ Network (ECTN) Master Teacher Mentoring Program. The goal of ECTN is to develop OR/MS/Analytics Master Teachers. There are two components to the ECTN:
- ECTN Workshop
The ECTN Workshop is a pre-conference workshop prior to the INFORMS Annual Meeting. This year’s ECTN Workshop will be held virtually on Saturday, October 23, 2021. During the ECTN Workshop participants will meet their fellow ECTN participants to begin forming an ECTN community and learn the basics of constructing high-quality learning experiences for students. Workshop participants will also be introduced to their ECTN mentors to kickstart the mentoring process.
Each ECTN participant will be paired with an INFORMS member mentor that has spent considerable time in an OR/MS/Analytics teaching-stream position. For the purposes of the ECTN program, a “teaching-stream position” will be either of the following:
- A teaching-focused position at a research university
- A position at a university that has historically focused on teaching
The ECTN participant will work with their ECTN mentor on one or more teaching projects (creating a new course, publishing an OR/MS/Analytics case study, etc.) while the mentor provides the participant with feedback and suggestions to improve the participant’s teaching. ECTN participants and mentors will meet virtually as a group one or possibly several times a year. ECTN participants commit to assist in the organization of and attend next year’s (2022’s) ECTN Workshop.
ECTN Program Goals
- Produce master OR/MS/Analytics teachers
- Increase the chance that ECTN participants in tenure track teaching-stream roles achieve tenure
- There is no registration fee for the Early Career Teachers’ Network Workshop
- The application period for the 2021-2022 Early Career Teachers’ Network & ECTN Workshop has closed. Look for a Call for Applications for the 2022-2023 ECTN & Workshop in Spring 2022.
Please contact Neil Desnoyers (2021-2022 ECTN Co-Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.