Submission is closed.
Benefits of Presenting
- Discounted conference registration rate.
- Registration covers the conference program, the Edelman Gala & Banquet, Welcome Reception and breakfasts, lunches and breaks for two days.
- The prestige of being selected to present at a high-quality INFORMS conference.
- An opportunity to participate fully in the conference and network with professionals, academics, students, and vendors from across the decision sciences, including analytics, data science, operations research, mathematics and statistics, machine learning, AI, and more.
Presentation Submission Deadline:
January 14, 2022, 11:59pm EST
Poster Submission Deadline:
March 4, 2022, 11:59pm EST
March 11, 2022, 11:59pm EST
Selection Criteria and Guidelines
The review and acceptance process is highly selective, with two primary criteria: topic content that will be interesting and useful to our audience, and high-quality presentation skills.
- Real-world business topics, with technical content included.
- High-quality academic work geared to real situations.
- Applications reports, case studies, best practice examples, emerging topics, and tutorials with a practice orientation.
- All application areas of analytics and OR/MS considered.
- Presentations directed to a “listener” audience (most members of the audience attend the conference to listen to high quality presentations, not to present), of which approximately 80% are practitioners.
- Associate – Entry level; Appropriate for employees or managers with limited professional analytics experience, those seeking to learn new fundamentals, or mid-career managers and directors looking to fill in gaps to solidify their knowledge and skills.
- Professional – Mid-Career; Appropriate for individuals with some knowledge and experience in analytics or data science tools, mid-level managers and directors in their fields with an established degree of competence, and those seeking to build on, apply, or enhance existing knowledge.
- Executive – Senior Management; Appropriate for senior managers seeking to learn industry best practices to help shape organizational strategy, lead change, and manage high-performing teams
Requirements of Presenting
- A 50-minute presentation by one speaker (multiple presenters and panels not accepted).
- Final presentation slides submitted 4 weeks before the conference.
- Willingness to tailor a presentation for a listener audience and to accept direction from the Selection Committee.
- Willingness to serve as a discussion leader for small group roundtables, if requested.
- Full participation in the conference (both the education and social program), for at least the day of the presentation and preferably the entire conference.
To Submit a Proposal
The submission process will request:
- Presentation title
- A 100–150-word summary of your presentation.
- Brief biography and a high-resolution, color photo (JPG/JPEG at least 200px x 200px).
- A 500-word extended summary upload written with the listener’s perspective in mind. Your summary should answer the listener’s basic question: “What will I learn from this session? What information/knowledge/ideas will I come away with?” It’s important that you describe in as much detail as possible what you will cover in your presentation. A bulleted list of topics, points, examples, and issues can be an effective technique for doing this.
- Demonstrated speaking experience and speaking references. Please include this in your extended summary upload.
- Potential speakers could be interviewed by phone.